What is Blog Designer?
Blog Designer is a plugin that helps create eye popping blog layouts for your blogging needs. Normally, when creating a blog, you do not have many options as far as colors and layout. Blog Designer fixes this problem by adding 5 default templates; Classical, Light Breeze, Spektrum, Evolution and Timeline. From there, you can add whatever colors you want to match the color tone of your website.
-Download and Installation
- Upload the blog-designer.zip file Via WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New,
- Alternately, upload blog-designer folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP,
- Activate the Blog Designer plugin from Admin > Plugins.
- Fully Responsive
- Cross Browsers Support ( Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera )
- Page Selection option to showcase your blog posts
- Easily manage number of posts per page
- Show/Hide Post category, tags, author, comment count, etc.
- Multiple Post Category Selection
- 5 Default Blog Templates – Classical, Light Breeze, Spektrum, Evolution and Timeline
- Alternative Background color selection for posts
- Style your content with wide variety of options like text color, background color, font size, etc.
- Maintain post content length with summary text
- Manage your ‘Read More’ text
- Custom CSS support
- Square/Circle social share buttons integration
- Multilingual Translation Ready
Blog Designer PRO Plugin Features
- Custom Post type support
- 15+ Default Blog Templates
- Demo Install with Restore Default option
- Live Preview before create/modify shortcode
- Multiple order by options
- Filter with categories & tags option
- Wide range of post title settings including link enable/disable
- 3 pagination type options including “Load More”
- Blog Post Template color available for selected templates
- Multiple social sharing button styles
- Social Share counts available with positions
- Pinterest Share button with featured image
- Single Post layout options
- Author archive layout page design
- Multiple Author Bio. design available with Single Post Layout
- Related Posts with category and column selection
- 400+ Google font support
- License key support for version update notifications
- Automatic Update in WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Duplicate Blog Layouts via single click
- Import/Export Layouts and archive templates
- Action and filters for developers
Blog Designer seems to have a nice support system in place. The first choice is the forums that you can visit. On first glance, the forum looks to be active with lots of people commenting about the plugin. Almost all of the problems and questions that have been started on the forum have been resolved. The second choice is to visit their website, http://support.solwininfotech.com/, which has a support ticket system.
Overall, the plugin is a great plugin for creating that WOW factor when it comes to blogging. A blog page is pretty simple and looks very plain when starting out. However, this plugin does bring a lot to the table when making your blogs look good. With each default template that you choose, a number of color choices also follows that. This allows your blog layouts to be truly unique and stylish. Blog Designer does a pretty good job at giving you good looking templates, but also allowing you to use your imagination and to create whatever you have in mind. And because of this, I would give this plugin a positive rating for simplistic use and good design options.